Fetta & Greens
COOKS IN: 30 MINUTES
DIFFICULTY: SUPER EASY
- 6 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 bunches hearty greens, such as collard greens and/or kale, ribs and stems removed, leaves sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp. curry powder, divided
- 2 tsp. kosher salt, divided, plus more
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 175g Gourmet Cheese Fiji Plain Fetta, sliced 1/2" thick
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (15-oz.) can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 250g Gourmet Cheese Fiji's Greek Yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Toasted country-style bread (for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°. Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a large heatproof skillet over medium. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 6–8 minutes. Add greens in handfuls, letting wilt before adding another handful, and cook, stirring occasionally, until bright green and crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add 1/2 tsp. curry powder; season with 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Stir to combine, then add 1 cup water. Lay fetta over greens and transfer skillet to oven. Bake until fetta is soft, 10–12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 4 Tbsp. oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant and just beginning to turn golden around the edges, about 2 minutes. Add chickpeas, season with 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper, and continue to cook, tossing occasionally, until browned and crisp around the edges, 8–10 minutes. Add remaining 1 tsp. curry powder and toss to combine.
- Stir yogurt and lemon juice in a small bowl; season with a pinch of salt.
- Scatter chickpeas and toasted garlic over greens and feta. Dollop with seasoned yoghurt. Serve with toast alongside.
Ready to make your baked Fetta dish, buy your cheese below for this wonderful vegetarian recipe!